University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) M.Sc. Information and Telecom Eng. Admission Form for 2019/2020 Is Out.
University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) management has released the admission form for M.Sc. Information and Telecom Eng for the 2019/2020 Academic Session.
Introduction: The M.Sc. in Information and Telecommunication Engineering is a University-Industry based collaborative Graduate professional Programme between the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria and Alcatel-Lucent. The Centre for Information and Telecommunication Engineering (CITE) is designed to be a specialized Information and Communication Technology Centre (ICT) poised to bridging the University–Industry Gap through result-oriented teaching, practical hands-on based training and problem-solving innovative research. The Centre offers a conducive learning environment with ICT facilities. Students use industry software, case studies and undertake numerous industrial field visits to live telephone networks. The aim of this professional Master’s Degree Programme is to provide graduates in Engineering and physical sciences with broad based training required by ICT and Telecommunications companies.
- (a) Full-Time Programme: It is designed to run for 12 calendar months with intensive training;
- (b) Weekend- Programme: It is designed to run for 100 weekends (Friday Afternoon; and Saturday, all day).
Please Note: This Weekend programme is specially designed for full-time industry professionals seeking to enhance their knowledge.
Application Forms: Application Forms are available at the Centre for Information & Telecommunication Engineering [CITE], 2ndFloor, School of Basic Studies Building, University of Port Harcourt. Online Application Forms from: www.citeuniport.com
Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of twenty thousand naira (=N=20,000) in certified bank draft made payable to the Centre for Information & Telecommunication Engineering [CITE]
Uniqueness of the Masters’ Programme:
- Award of M.Sc. Degree, and provision of opportunities for obtaining two-ICT Professional Certifications
- University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria and ICT Companies (Huawei, Alcatel Lucent, CISCO, ORACLE)
- Joint lecture delivery by Experts from the ICT Industries and the academia.
- On the job training/internship
- Provides job opportunities as human resource Centre
Award of Degree: Successful students at the end of the programme shall receive a Masters’ Degree awarded by the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Professional Certification: Students will be presented with the opportunity to sit for two professional ICT certifications: Huawei and CISCO.
Admission Requirements: A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.50 on a scale of 5.00 in any of the Engineering Fields, Computer Science, Mathematics/ Statistics, Physics, Physics- Electronic or any other related field. Please note: Candidates with a CGPA of at least 3.00 on a scale of 5.00 with at least two years of relevant experience would also be considered.
Important dates to remember: (Any change will be communicated by e-mail)
- Completed Application Forms must be returned to The Director, CITE on or before Friday, September 17, 2019
- Aptitude Test and Oral Interview to be held at 10 am, Friday, September 27, 2019.
- 2019/2020 session begins on December 2, 2019.
- For enquiries, please call +234(0)8037088490, 08169382397, 08134967535, 08034722012 or email: [email protected]
MRS. DORCAS D. OTTO
Please Comment and Share.