University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) M.Sc. In Petroleum Geoscience Admission Form for 2019/2020 Is Out.
University of Port-Harcourt (UNIPORT) through its management has released the Admission Form for M.Sc. In Petroleum Geoscience for the 2019/2020 Academic Session.
The Centre for Petroleum Geosciences (CPG) was established in 2011 to cater for the geoscience skill needs of the Petroleum Sector in Nigeria and the Gulf of Guinea. CPG programme is of international standard and has evolved under a culture of excellence, global vision and professional skills to meet the ever-growing needs of the technology-driven industry.
The Centre offers a conducive academic setting in a bold effort to encourage purposeful learning and research, which also includes field and operational facility visits. The programme, as designed, encourages students’ team spirit and leadership skills by living together and working in teams.
On completion of this unique profession-driven Master’s Degree Programme, the graduates will among other skills, be able to:
- Provide adequate geoscience inputs in the evaluation and management of Oil and Gas Fields.
- Adapt effectively to use of modern techniques in operations, development and production geosciences.
- Understand and know the state-of-the-art techniques in geoscience data acquisition, processing and interpretation.
- Professionally coordinate and supervise well data gathering and interpretation.
- Participate skillfully, and effectively interface in various Oil and Gas Field Review Programmes and Field Development Teams.
PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATION: Students shall be prepared and presented for certification as Associate Environmental Professionals (AEP) by the National Registry of Environmental Professionals (NREP), USA and the Institute of Safety Professionals of Nigeria (ISPON).
ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS: Candidatesmust possess a minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, Second Class Honours (Upper Division) in Geoscience, Petroleum and Gas Engineering or relevant Petroleum Geosciences related field, and should have completed their NYSC by December, 2018. Consideration for admission may be given to sponsored company staff with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience with Second Class Honours (Lower Division) Degree, but with a CGPA of at least 3.00 (on a 5.00 scale).
DURATION: The duration of the programme is 12 calendar months of intensive full-time study.
AWARD OF DEGREE: Successful students at the end of the programme shall receive a Master’s Degree in Petroleum Geoscience.
APPLICATION FEE: A non-refundable application fee of twenty one thousand naira (
N21,000) will be required to be paid to Centre for Petroleum Geosciences (CPG) on-line through E-transact to start the admission process. The approved receiving bank for the payment is: United Bank for Africa (UBA) with the account details below:
Account Name: Centre for Petroleum Geosciences
Account No.: 1019294619
Sort Code: 033211112
Applicants may access the Form on-line from CPG Website, www.cpguniport.comand follow instruction for submission. They may also collect the Form in person and follow submission procedure.
Important Dates To Remember (any change will be communicated by e-mail):
- Completed Application Forms must be returned to the Director, Centre for Petroleum Geosciences, University of Port Harcourt, on or before Friday, 12thOctober, 2018.
- Aptitude Test holds on Friday 26thOctober, 2019.
- Oral interview holds in Friday 26thOctober, 2019.
- Admitted candidates will be communicated and also names will be displayed on the CPG Website www.cpguniport.com on or before Friday 2nd November, 2018
Information for applicants may be obtained on www.uniport.edu.ng or CPG Office, University of Port Harcourt, via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may also contact Acra Jones of CPG Office, on phone number 08063888274 or e-mail email@example.com or Mrs. Virginia Naanen on phone number 08061252103 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs. Dorcas D. Otto