FULOKOJA Notice to Prospective Postgraduate Students on 2019/2020 Admission Exercise.
Federal University Lokoja (FULOKOJA) Management’s attention has been drawn to the purported protest against the delay in releasing the admissions into the Postgraduate Programmes for the 2019/2020 Academic Session in the Punch News Paper of Tuesday 30th July, 2019.
The reason for the protest, according to the report, is the fear of losing the fund they used to obtain forms.
The University Management will want to make the following clarifications:
- The 2018/2019 Academic Session suffered a setback at the beginning of the Session due to prolong Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) industrial action in which case the Academic Session which was to start in October 2018, could not start until February 2019, and will now end in November, 2019.
- The admission into the University follows laid down procedures and the admission exercise of the 2019/2020 Academic Session into both Undergraduate and Postgraduate Programmes are on-going and have reached advanced stage and successful applicants would be contacted after the exercise.
- The 2019/2020 Academic Session, going by the University Academic Calendar will commence in December, 2019 and all successful candidates will be expected to commence registration and lectures for the Session.
- Prospective students of the Federal University Lokoja are therefore advised to visit the University or its website on any issue of interest whenever and wherever they are in doubt.
- It should be noted that the National Universities Commission (NUC)’ visit to the University in April, 2019 was for Resource Verification of the Post-Graduate Programmes and not for accreditation as erroneously claimedby the so-called “top Official of the Institution”.
The University Management therefore considers with great displeasure the insinuation by the protesters that the University had defrauded them of the money they expended on the purchase of admission forms which is non-refiindable, and views the action of the protesters as nothing short of mischief, and cheap blackmail.
Professor Makanjuola Olayemisi Osagbemi
Please Use The Comment Box Incase Of Any Question. Don’t Forget To Share.